Sept 7th - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes > 2014

Minute of the ordinary meeting of the Community Council
held on Tuesday 2nd September 2014 at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.


Present: S Clark, J Farquhar, T Fulton, S Lafferty, S Liddell, D McKenzie, M McClements, M Mills,   G Lethorn and H Martin arrived late as attending the LAC Meeting.

Apologies: P Allan, E O’Hare.

Visitors: Cllr James MacLaren, PC Steven Anderson, B MacDougall, F Hewitt

Minute of the Previous Meeting and Matters Arising.

Minute of 6th May approved by M Mills, seconded by S Lafferty.
Minute of 3rd June approved by M Mills, seconded by T Fulton
There were no matters arising.

Police Report:

The Chairman introduced Sgt. Anderson who had recently been transferred from Greenock to the Johnstone area.
He gave an update report for the month which included 2 common assaults, vandalism to butchers shop, theft of a laptop, 1 drink driver  and various other driving offences.  The Police are concerned culprits are attempting to enter unlocked premises they remind everyone to lock-up when leaving even for a short time.
Sgt. Anderson handed out surveys for us to fill in and hand into Johnstone Police Office.

Councillor’s Report: Cllr MacLaren

Traffic Calming requested traffic calming measures for Lintwhite Crescent, Moss Road and Kilbarchan Road. No funds are available for this year but will be considered for next year.
Some temporary repairs have been done to the pot holes at Livery Walk car park.
Faulty street lights have been reported and a lighting column on Kilbarchan Road will be replaced in the coming weeks.

Drainage on the A761 at Deafhillock roundabout, asked that this is looked at more frequently.
Meeting on site about new road markings on Main Street, Torr Road junction.
Traffic calming on Kilmacolm Road, this has been held up due to a design element.
Renfrewshire Council are resolved to adopt the new Local Plan.
The container at St Machars Road belongs to Mears, a contractor appointed to carry out Scottish Housing Quality Standard external work to the houses in the area.
Posters are up in the Cargill Hall relating to the letting rules and adjacent parking.
The works to the War Memorial are behind schedule but should be completed within the next three weeks.

Secretary’s Report:

Traffic Calming Kilmacolm Road. Have asked both the Councillor’s and the roads department but no reply to date. Cllr MacLaren has now given the information we wanted.
Received an email from the dentist at Kirkinner Place regarding the painting of the stonework at their window, the community council were divided on how this would look but as it was not a listed building they are free to go ahead.
A letter was sent to Adshel regarding the removal of the obsolete bus shelter on the Main Road opposite the Clydesdale Bank to outside the Bull’s Garage site.

Treasurer’s Report:

This report was already sent round to all members, the Treasurer gave a verbal update. It was decided to ask L MacDonald and T Duncan at the Legion to audit the accounts as usual.

Planning Report:

The Community Council have objected to the building of 2 houses at old farm buildings on Clevans Road, and also to the building of a 2 and ½ storey house at Lendall Cottages Houston Road.
The Councillor was asked to seek advice on TPO’s on the trees at Gryffe Home.

Review of the Scheme of Community Councils.  See attached report.

Ground Maintenance Roads Transport:
No Report.

Christmas Lighting and Switch-on:
The Chairman showed the meeting a picture of what the new lights should look like. The purchase is within budget
Still to get a costing for a new Santa Outfit.
Progress has been made on the new lights opening ceremony, we are always short of bodies to help, however we hope to have some help this year from members of Brighter Bridge of Weir.

Forum / LAC Report:  Forum see attached.

H Martin and G Lethorn had attended the LAC meeting and H Martin gave a brief report.She reported on the Clinical Review Services, a full report from her will be sent to all members.
Renfrewshire Leisure, Library, Museum, Schools, Council Halls will now be managed by a trust.

Queens Baton Relay:


This had been a great success and everybody enjoyed it.

Consultations:


Disabled parking Bays, it was decided we should write to Jamie Gardyne seeking clarification of the parking bays at Livery Walk.

Conference:

The Chairman and Vice Chairman will attend Living Streets Community Street Audit Training.

Speaker for Annual General Meeting:

In light of Renfrewshire Council adopting the new Local Plan it was decided that we should invite Fraser Carlin, Head of Planning or a Senior Officer to attend the AGM to explain the implications of the Plan for Bridge of Weir.

A.O.C.B.

Fiona Hewitt expressed an interest in joining the Community Council as she had previously been a councillor in Elderlie. She was co-opted on. The Secretary will send a co-option form to her.

Open Forum:

At the open forum discussion took place whether there should be a limit of time for parking in Livery Walk car park. In general it was felt this would be unnecessary and perhaps eventually incur charges.

Date and Time of Next Meeting:

The next meeting of the Community Council will be the Annual General Meeting followed by an ordinary meeting to be held on Tuesday 7 October 2014 at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.










 
 
Back to content | Back to main menu