Sept 1st - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes > 2015
Minute of the regular meeting of the Community Council
 held on Tuesday 1st September 2015 at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.
Present: P Allan, S Clark, J Farquhar, T Fulton, F Hewitt, S Lafferty, G Lethorn, S Liddell, H Martin, M Mills, E O’Hare.

Apologies: D McKenzie, M. McClements, Cllr James MacLaren.

Visitors: Police Inspector Cassie Glass, Cllr. M Holmes, B MacDougall.

Minute of Previous Meeting and Matters Arising.
No matters arising. Minute approved by T. Fulton, seconded by S. Lafferty.

Police Report.
P I Cassie Glass reported that 24 crimes had been reported and five detections, these included I murder, I common assault, 2 thefts by House breaking, 3 House breaking with intent, 3 thefts, theft from a motor vehicle, I criminal Justice Act – detected, 1 shoplifting, 4 Acts of vandalism, 1 RTA offence, 1 supply of drugs – detected, 1 breach of bail – detected, 1 wilful fire raising, 3 others – 2 detected.

Police officers have been out on bikes to try and catch off road bikes and quads.

Break-ins to houses- a strong reminder to make sure everything is secured.

There is no truth in the rumour that police are not investigating break-ins.

Residents are unhappy about the signs relating to the murder being left until the investigation has been completed, this was giving a bad impression of the village. Inspector Glass will contact C.I.D. to have the signs lifted as soon as possible.

Councillors Report. Councillor Holmes.

There is to be an upgrade to the Cargill Hall.

Car park Livery Walk – completed but still some snagging issues to be resolved, particularly the height of the kerbs which are a trip hazard. There is one less disabled space, but remaining spaces are wider.

Recycling bins are still causing problems, often overflowing.
Council workers had pushed bins to the back of the recycling bins on to the grass belonging to the British Legion. Councillor Holmes will report this.

No further news on the proposed Whitelint Gate development.

Councillor Holmes will report fence on the boundary fence between Moss Road Park and Sustrans which is need of repair.

Councillor James MacLaren’s report had been circulated prior to meeting.

Secretary’s Report.

The Secretary reported that the posters and nomination papers for the election had been circulated, and that she had spare ones.

Treasurers Report.

Report circulated prior to meeting.
A grant of £400 has been received from the Local Area Committee.
Annual accounts were ready for auditing and this will be done by Edward Duncan and Leslie MacDonald.

Planning Report.

The Shillingworth development for 43 houses has been approved by the Planning Department.

There is no further news about Bull’s Garage site.

Roads, Transport and General Maintenance.

Bushes are overgrown at Gryffe Grove and Lintwhite Crescent.

Kerb in Car park requires attention.

Dead trees in Houston Road require removal.

Nothing further to report on the buses. Councillor Holmes will get back on to Ralph Roberts at McGill’s The request for the of the bus shelter to be moved from top of Main Street and be re-sited at Bull’s garage. The community council will contact Renfrewshire Council for an update of this.

Fund Raising.
Anita Manning and her team will be at the British Legion on October 8th from 10.00am until 3.00pm. D. McKenzie has prepared the posters. Fee of £10 to be charged, this allows 2 items to be valued. Tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits will be served.

Christmas Light Switch On:
There will some new lights added to display.

A.O.C.B.
It was suggested that the price of hall lets should be looked at, other venues could be cheaper. It was agreed that this item be left until the A.G.M.

Forum Report:

A meeting of the Forum had taken place in the Council Chambers on 24th August. The guest speaker was Graeme McLatchie, Communication Officer at Renfrewshire Council who gave information on promoting ourselves for the forthcoming elections.
The minute of the previous meeting of the Forum held in June had been circulated to all Community Council members and was also on the web page.

LAC Report:

Crime statistics and report was given.

In May the Police launched Rural Watch. This saw the introduction of two dedicated officers across rural Renfrewshire.

Update on Health and Social Care Integration. David Leese has been appointed as Chief Officer and Sarah Lavers as Chief Finance Officer. These appointments to be confirmed at the first meeting of the Integration Joint Board (IJB) on 18th September 2015.

Consultations, Invites and Seminars:

These have all been circulated during the summer. T Fulton’s attendance at the Review of Electoral Boundaries, Digital Engagement Social Media for Community Councils was approved.

Scottish Resilient Communities Conference 2015 S Clark will try to attend.

Open Forum.
The Chairman thanked everyone for their help and support over the year.

Date and Time of Next Meeting.
The next meeting of the Community Council will be held on Tuesday 6th October at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall. This will be the Annual General Meeting and inaugural meeting of the new Community Council where an officer from Renfrewshire Council will be in attendance until office bearers have been appointed.

The regular meeting will take place following the A.G.M.





 
 
Back to content | Back to main menu