Mar 4th - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes > 2014

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Minute of the ordinary meeting of the Community Council held on Tuesday 4th March at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.

Present: P Allan, S Clark, J Farquhar, T Fulton, S Lafferty, G Lethorn, S Liddell, H Martin, D McKenzie, M Mills, E O’Hare, Cllr. J MacLaren.

Apologies:  None.

Visitors: N McAllister, M McClements, B MacDougall, PC Love K777, PC McMinn K376. N Johnston Save Moss Road Park Group.

Minute of the Previous Meeting and Matters Arising.

Amend a typing error i should have been o in Johnstone. The minute was approved by Sandra Lafferty and seconded by Tom Fulton.

Police Report:

The Chairman drew the attention of the meeting to a letter received from Chief Superintendent Alan Speirs, Divisional Commander. Who had informed him of the counter closures. Johnstone will remain open with the hours 0900 to 1700hrs, Monday to Friday and Paisley 24hours 7 days.
Members of the public will be able to speak to the Officers at the Community Council meeting.
P.C.Love  gave the police report for February.

Offence

Number

Detected

House breaking and attempted house breaking

2

0

Theft from a motor vehicle

1

0

Assault

2

0

Vandalism

1

0

Other

3

0


Police rely on residents/ members of the public to report any incidents seen.

N Johnston of ‘Save the Moss Road Park’ committee reported that they had some funds left and this money had been divided between Bridge of Weir Old Age Pensioners group and the Elderly Forum.

Councillor’s Report: Councillor MacLaren. See attached report.

Secretary’s Report:

The Secretary report on the timetable for the Scheme for Community Councils and what was required of the Community Council to do now.
Letters sent: Following from last meeting a letter was sent to SPT and we have had an acknowledgement.
The letter sent to A Summers, Street Scene Manager, has neither acknowledged nor answered.
A reply was sent to Supt Spiers on matters within his letter.
The Secretary had some correspondence from a resident on Houston Road regarding vandalism to a wing mirror, a letter was sent to the Police regarding this.
We will send a letter to M Lawrie thanking him for his effort on the speeding traffic on Kilmacolm Road.

Treasurer’s Report:
See Attached sheet.

Planning Report:
There is no further information on the Local Development Plan.
Westminster Homes have submitted planning permission for three villas on the site at Maxwell Place.
Ardenvohr, Fetler Road, in spite of preliminary work being done they were now out of planning time, and would need to reapply.

Transport:
Bus Services
The No 9 service from Linwood has been cut. At the LAC meeting Cllr MacLaren suggested that the X7A could be linked to the No 9 bus to create a service going straight into Glasgow. N McAllister a visitor at the meeting floated a proposal that the X7 bus should be routed through Bridge of Weir i.e. every forth bus.  After some discussion it was decided that he would email the Secretary with all the points he would like to make and enable her to take them to the next meeting of the Forum in May.

Ladeside: There was nothing further to report.

Ground Maintenance and Roads:
Flooding at the school crossing had been reported to Cllr. Brown. She has reported back that an additional gully was to be put in place before the end of the financial year.
M. Mills mentioned a blocked drain on the right hand side of Freeland Drive. The community council will report this to the  roads department.

Christmas Lights:
After getting approval at the February meeting to investigate improvement to the Christmas Lighting display, Tom Fulton Jim Farquhar and S Clark met with Alice Johnstone from Brighter Bridge of Weir.
It was agreed that additional lighting would benefit the Community. The proposal is to add four 3m portable display poles to the garden area at Livery Walk.
Further to that meeting S Clark, S Liddell, T Fulton, J Farquhar  and Alice Johnston met on site with John Wallace, Street Lighting Engineer, Renfrewshire Council. He suggested the existing poles on Livery Walk were unsuitable due to steel type and will investigate further. He also said that the council would erect the poles and he would get an estimate for the foundations. The next stage will be an onsite visit with the supplier of the display lighting to obtain design and price..
Funding will have to be obtained and potential funding options have already been sourced which can be pursued once all costs are finalised.

Consultation: Reform of the Scheme for Community Councils:

The Secretary has e-mailed information to all members. It was agreed to form a sub group to look into this.

Forum/LAC
Forum.
Mark Harris, Contingency Officer addressed the Forum. He just went through everything he had told us at our December meeting.
There was a lot of discussion about the buses, particularly in Linwood, it was decided to invite someone from SPT to the next meeting in May.
L.A.C.
H Martin reported that Police had warned that there were a lot of bogus callers in the area and the elderly are to be advised not to open doors. If anyone needed repairs etc they should contact Renfrewshire Trusted Traders.
The fine for dog fouling has been increased to £80.
Council is to web cast their meetings.
E-books can be downloaded for free at the Library.
The Lego exhibition has had over 2,000 visitors.
Discussion took place about the buses.

A.O.C.B

We are all being encouraged to use more e-mail. The Community Council will provide paper for those requiring it for community council business.
The Chairman asked visitors if they would be willing to join the community council as they had been attending as members of the public for a number of meetings. They said that they found attending the meetings sometimes very difficult as they had been made to feel that they were unwelcome. A discussion followed and some thought will be given as to how this could be improved.

Date and time of next meeting.
The next regular meeting of the Community Council will take place on Tuesday 1st April at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.


 
Back to content | Back to main menu