June 26th - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes > 2012

BRIDGE OF WEIR COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Minute of the regular meeting of the Community Council
held on Tuesday 26th June 2012 at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.


PRESENT: S Clark, J Ellis, T Fulton, S Liddell, D McKenzie, H Martin, M Mills.

APOLOGIES: P Allan, E O’Hare, G Svensson, H Tidswell, G Lethorn.

VISITORS: Cllr J MacLaren.

The minutes of the previous meeting were proposed by D McKenzie and seconded by J Ellis, there were no matters arising.

The Chairman welcomed Cllr MacLaren to the meeting and read out the following statement.

“We welcome our new Councillors and hope they will continue with similar arrangements for attending our meetings as previously.
Well done to everybody who participated in Play Day. I am sure we all agree it proved to be a tremendous success.
As Chairman of the Community Council I was privileged to have been invited to be Inspecting Officer for the Bridge of Weir Boys Brigade.  I had a wonderful evening and the boy’s Officers and helpers should all be extremely proud of their achievements.
Since our last meeting T Fulton and I met with Peter Hampson, Chairman of Kilmacolm Community Council,  We gave him an update on Dawn’s proposals and our comments the Local Plan, we agreed we would keep him informed of any further developments.
T Fulton and D McKenzie met with a representative of the Co-op Estates Department.
Yesterday along with Alice Johnstone from Brighter Bridge of Weir we met with Ewan Kane to discuss a proposal for a clean up of the Pow Burn. This will be covered under AOCB”.

SECRETARY’S REPORT:
The Chairman had received a letter from Bridge of Weir Allotments and Garden Society with their plans for allotments that would benefit the wider community of Bridge of Weir and seeking the views and support of the Community Council.
A letter had been sent to Environmental Services on various matters from the May meeting and asking if an Officer from the department could attend this meeting, after hearing nothing a phone message had been received today saying no one would be attending this evening.
The renewal of Membership of Engage Renfrewshire had been received.

TREASURER’S REPORT:


GROUND MAINTENANCE:
The week before Gala Day it was noticed that the garden at Livery Walk was needing weeded and further attention, the play area in The Glen the grass was very long and in need of cutting. It was mentioned that when Livery Walk was upgraded we had been assured that the garden area would be maintained. A letter will be sent to Renfrewshire Council.

PLANNING REPORT:
Local Plan; The Community Council have nothing further.
Traffic Restrictions: The traffic lights on Houston Road have now been lifted.  The traffic lights at Houston Road / Main Street are out of sequence, will ask Roads Department to look into this.
Park and Stride: Nothing further on that.

PLAY DAY:
This had been a great success, but it was felt a change of dates for next year should be considered, but would require further discussion with others involved.

A.O.C.B.
A complaint had been received that a member of the public had seen a car crossing the pedestrian bridge at Loch Place, the Community Council will contact Roads Dept. And request bollards in this area and also contact the police.
There have been complaints of dog fouling throughout the village the Community Council will ask the Wardens to look into this.
At the meeting with Ewan Kane regarding the Pow Burn those present were told there was £5000 in the budget for a programme of general maintenance. This will be carried out by a group of volunteers and others are welcome to join them.

Cllr MacLaren said that there had been a property request for the defects at the War Memorial.
The Chairman asked the meeting to see what drains are needing cleaning, with the weather as it is there should be no difficulty.
It was decide to invite Scott Allan or a Senior Officer from the Roads Department to attend our next meeting.

It was announced that the British Legion Club was likely to close in August due to lack of funds. (Since the meeting sufficient funds have been raised to keep the club going.)

The next regular meeting of the Community Council will take place on Tuesday 4th September at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.

 
 
Back to content | Back to main menu