Apr 6th - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes > 2010

BRIDGE OF WEIR COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Minutes


Of the regular meeting of the Community Council held on Tuesday 6th April 2010 at 7pm in the Cargill Hall


Present:
Sandy Clark, Jim Ellis, Tom Fulton, Harold Tidswell, Nicholl Gardner,     Donald McKenzie, Helen Martin, Gordon Lethorn, Sandra Liddell (arrived late)
Apologies E. O'Hare, M. Mills, Councillor I. Langlands

Visitors Bill Brock, Gazette, PC McKie and PC A Wylie

The chairman who welcomed all in attendance opened the meeting

One inaccuracy in the minutes of the previous meeting was noted. The error was regarding free school buses and should have read 2miles not 2.5 as minutes. After correction the minutes were proposed by T Fulton and seconded by D Mckenzie.

Police Report:

 

Detected

Detected

Drugs

4

4

Breach of the Peace

3

3

Common Assault

2

1

Vandalism

3

Ateempted Break-in with intent

1

Theft

5

2

Drunk Driving

2

2

Serious Assault

2

1

Offensive Weapon

1

1

Indecent Assault

1

Discussed by Police in addition to statistics were:
The serious assault in Mimosa Road. The Police believe the assailant who is not a resident of Bridge of Weir has now left the district and unlikely to return.
There was one stabbing but no complaint and no witnesses came forward.
At Windsor Place there was an attack by a young male wielding a baseball bat.
There also appears to be pre-arranged gang fighting between young Bridge of Weir and Linwood males. At present fights are off street; often on the cycle path. The police said they are often informed beforehand and therefore can reduce the harm caused. They would appreciate being informed if anyone becomes aware of an impending fight.

Councillor's Report: None.

Treasurer's Report.  No expenses between March and April

Secretary's Report:

There was an invitation to the community reception Wednesday 21 April at Accord.    H Martin will reply and attend.
Stickers for 'Save Your Region' were distributed
Secretary to find out from Scott Allen about any developments in the speed limit reduction from 60 to 40 MPH on Houston Road.
The stickers for the 'Stop Knives Campaign' were distributed.
The Scottish Government has provided 5 million pounds to Scottish councils for essential road repairs following the severe winter.
The following roads are to be re-surfaced as part of planned maintenance:
1: Main Street from Houston Road to Neva Place
2: Carruth Road to Prieston Road  
3: Elm Road and Loch Road
There are also to be numerous infilling of pot-holes
Community Council Consultation Document on the Model Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils was discussed.
The document requires clarification re-quorum, 1/3 not 2/3rds. As the Census showed there has been a drop in the population, meaning that the numbers needed for the Community Council to function will not change and there are no boundary changes.
Lintwhite Park has been awarded £5,000 in unclaimed expenses

Planning report:

Two trees that were in a dangerous condition sited near the school have now been removed.
Overhanging branches in other nearby trees appear hazardous.
3 trees appear unsafe on the Glen path. Environmental services are responsible for that area. Sandy will contact same re-trees.
No new planning applications
The Go Renfrewshire Festival on Sunday 30th May.
Day will be joint effort between Freeland Church and Community Council.
Planned Itinerary:

Freeland Church open-air service in the Church car park is planned to finish about 11.45am, followed by soup and sandwiches provided by the church.
The Community Council in tandem with Freeland Church will organise the bike ride and village walk. For health and safety reasons an adult must always accompany any children taking part in of the activities. The Community Council will provide juice and biscuits for the activities and organise the competitions and fliers. The printing and distribution of fliers will be discussed nearer the time.

Outstanding Matters:

The Community Council have been informed that there is no appeal against the council's decision on school bus transport.
There is a public meeting on the 20th April but no other details provided at present.
No response from the council re- safe storage of Christmas lights. Also it may be necessary to apply for further funding re-lights
The Gala Committee organiser was advised to increase the amount requested for grant to cover additional costs indicated by council that up to now have not been charged.
The next village regeneration meeting will be held on the 3rd May
The next scheduled Community Council meeting may be affected by the Election requirements for the Cargill Hall. S Clark will seek new date and e-mail changes to all members

Date and time of next meeting.

The next meeting of the Community Council will take place on Tuesday 18th May at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.

 
Back to content | Back to main menu