Apr 2nd - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Bridge of Weir Community Council
Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes > 2013

BRIDGE OF WEIR COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Minutes

Of the regular meeting of the Community Council held on Tuesday the 2nd April 2013 at 7pm in the Cargill Hall.


Present: S Clark, J Farquhar, S Liddell, D McKenzie, H Martin, M Mills.

Apologies: T Fulton, J Ellis, Cllr MacLaren

Minute of Previous Meeting and Matters Arising:
There were no matters arising. Minute proposed by H Martin Seconded by D McKenzie
The Chairman announced  that the proposed presentations  by M. Connelly (Community Services) and A. Summers (Streetscene Manager)  were postponed as both were unable to attend.

Councillor’s Report; None.

Treasurer’s Report: Secretary will ask A McNaughton of  Renfrewshire Council for details of the contrasting costs between Zurich and one other insurance supplier.

Secretary’s Report:
Letter sent to the SPT regarding the proposed reduction in bus services. The response from McGill’s bus company blamed the reduced government funding, which has meant the bus company’s costs of the present service are not being met. MSP D. MacKay will write to the SPT on the community’s behalf and it was suggested that the councillors also write to SPT as the loss of the evening bus service would cause significant difficulties to those wishing to travel in or out of the village. The Community Council have also written a press report for the Gazette.
The traffic lights at Torr Road/ Main Road junction have been examined by Renfrewshire Council Roads dept. and no problems were found. It was suggested driver error could be causing the problem by not driving close enough for the traffic light sensor to pick up waiting vehicles. Council will continue to monitor this

LEAP-Hydro Power;
Potential sites are still being investigated.

Village Clean-up;
The village clean up has been arranged for Saturday 11th and 18th May, the Chairman is hoping a number of Community Councillors will able to help with this.

Ladeside: Land ownership is still to be determined.

Christmas Lights.
The British Legion is not available on the 27th of November. The 28th may be possible but the possibility of this date has still to be discussed with Freeland Church and the British Legion.  the  Secretary will write to the Royal British Legion Secretary asking if Thursday 28th can be provisionally booked.

Local Area Committee:
After discussion it was agreed the priorities for Bridge of Weir were Transport, Policing and Planning Matters.
It was further agreed that the Chairman would complete the document and forward to Renfrewshire Council.

A.O.C.B:
A complaint has been received re-the unsightliness and possible road hazard of fly posting, the Secretary will respond to the correspondent and copy to Houston Community Council.
The broken fence at the Kiosk on Houston Road requires repair and it was suggested that placing reflectors on this fence could improve the visibility of it.


Date and time of next meeting;

The next regular meeting of the Community Council will be held on Tuesday the 7th May at 7pm in the Cargill Hall.

 
 
Back to content | Back to main menu